Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Courage?

On Friday, I made a big decision, or rather I would like to think God made it for me. A friend responded by saying I have courage, but there was no courage in those moments, unless you count fact I did not run out the door.

I went for a check-up and ended up in one of my "out of control" crying states. She prescribed medical leave from work, and I decided to "take the prescription"... Likely should have done so long before now.

This post just came up that I relate very well to:
https://www.goalcast.com/2018/01/16/power-reframing-use-depression-improve-life/

I am diagnosed, not with depression, but with anxiety disorder.

Definitely "a part of me" and, since so many around the world know (had a few cries in Manila, too), I have decided no point hiding it. As I started out saying, I  probably would have kept hiding, but God had other ideas I guess, as I have lost count of the number of times I have ended up crying in public <3

Now on medical leave, I am doing a lot of "reframing" ... Helps to know I am not the only person of the nearly 7.7 billion out there going through this. Deeply saddens me that this year alone I have known two people who could not cope and ended their lives over this. I will not become part of that statistic, and it is my deepest hope no one else will either!

At time of sharing his thoughts in "The Book of Joy" a few years ago, the Dalai Lama talked a lot about us being part of 6 billion people suffering in this world... This world really is growing very quickly, and the more I talk to people the more I realize what I am going through is common!

"Tough titmouse!" was the line on "The Good Doctor" last night. Trying to have a sense of humour about this!

"We all bleed the same. We're more beautiful when we come together." also comes to mind. https://www.goalcast.com/2018/01/16/power-reframing-use-depression-improve-life/

Let's "end the stigma" now. Keep talking.

"Make Me a Channel of Your Peace" https://g.co/kgs/VVYoEB


If you enjoyed this post, please consider finding my fan page in Facebook as well, to follow me and give me a "Like": https://www.facebook.com/Christine.Marie.MacKenzie/, and this will result in notification in your Facebook feed when I write posts in future.

5 comments:

  1. Christine, wow. Your words are beautiful, powerful and moving. I love you and your openness to sharing the truth of your journey. Sending hugs over the mountain and any time you are coming this way let me know. Tea and chat knee to knee for you and me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eva. "Over the mountain" is quite a metaphor, too :-)

      Delete
  2. Christine, please take care and get well. I have personally seen that painful things happen to good people and why, because God has given only selected people the strength to handle the pain. People who have no feelings can never ever understand that pain. I have also lost some key people in life at this age and God has made a clear way for me to handle that. I am sure you will be soon able to get over it. Spend some quality time with yourself. You will see the results.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ashish. I am honestly feeling quite a bit better already this week, but I know I need more rest, too. See you back at work soon. I'm sure you have it all under control while I'm out!

      Delete
    2. Yes everything in control. Don't worry. You take care!

      Delete