Sunday, January 6, 2019

Peace

I've started to get comments that I am "too quiet" and queries about whether or not I'm okay, so figured time to at least write a quick message here to share an update.

Since my last post, I have been back to work for a while, which I think has gone pretty well. My health issues seem to be behind me for now, as I've moved into a state of healthier eating and no longer seem to be constantly fighting insomnia. Of course, the kids are continuing to grow up and assert their independence, bringing a variety of challenges, but I think my mindset is better now than it was in recent months and so generally I suppose I'm FINE (yes, as Louise Penny would describe, if you have read her books and know what that means).

By the time Christmas came along, I was very ready for another break though, as most people are at this time of year, so grateful to have a week off. I basically kicked back and did nothing for the week between Christmas Day and New Year's Eve, as I hope you had the chance to do as well, if you so desired. Most of my time was spent reading - two more Penny novels and most of "Pillars of the Earth". We had our annual games night with family and friends to "ring in" the new year, which was wonderful as always. After that, I returned to work and have been in a mode of trying to "up skill" myself related to DevOps, as the coming year will involve more and more change with that in mind. I've also done a little bit more house organizing - inspired by watching some "Tidying Up" episodes featuring Marie Kondo. I recommend these if you want a small nudge toward tidying, too! Generally, I suppose my days have been pretty low key, which I don't really see as a bad thing!

These past few weeks have also been a time of quiet reflection. 2018 was a rough year for many of us! In my own circle of family and friends, I can name at least 16 people who I had to say goodbye to. Grief seemed to be a state I was more often experiencing than not. I suppose I have been in a calm state of "acceptance" generally lately.

In conclusion, yes, I'm okay. I think quiet is just a sign that I'm feeling at peace at this time. I write a lot less when I'm doing well - I seem to experience "writer's block" unless I'm very stressed out, so I suppose folks should not be concerned when I'm writing less, though also know that I like to write and hear from people, and so will do more if I think of something to write about!

At the very least, I wish to say that I hope that each and every person reading this feels peace, too. 2019 feels like it's starting out in a more positive light than 2018. With gratitude for all of your support in the past year, may God bless you and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment