Before this "unprecedented time" began (as Prime Minister Trudeau likes to call it), I confess that like most of us I was exhausted. I was putting a LOT of kilometers on my car, driving myself to and from various offices of work many times each day, driving my kids to and from various activities and jobs, doing all the things on the "hamster wheel" that many of us did. I was involved in many, many activities as well - bridge, church, WI, and more! People would often say, "how do you do it?" and I would just shrug my shoulders. I just did! I'd get up and go, and didn't stop until my head hit the pillow at night.
Since March 11th, as like many of us, my need to go so fast has dramatically come to a halt. I have started a new daily routine. I wonder, has this happened to others out there as well? Sure, I still work, and I do still need to go out sometimes, but it's quite a change!
Now my days go more like this:
* Wake around 7 am
* Pick up my phone and check email - answer anything I can easily do from bed
* Check Facebook - I love this part of my day, seeing what everyone else is sharing! Many of my friends have new routines now, too.. I am especially enjoying the Daily Virtues Pick shared by Eva in the "100 Virtues for 100 Days" group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1837608406496868 and some of my friends are singing, too!
https://www.facebook.com/evammac/videos/10163155012795246
https://www.facebook.com/sacredcent/videos/10158579646010934
* It's now about 9 am (Yes, time sure flies when you're having fun!)
* I like to do some reading.. I especially enjoyed Think and Grow Rich: This Book Could Be Worth a Million Dollars to You
(Appreciate having my kids home!)
* Next up is some time spent contemplating what needs to be done for "work" later in the day. Yesterday was a bit more than usual.. I moved the contents of one of the work offices to my home! Today, I need to do some writing for that office.
* It's now about 10 am.
* Meditation has always been recommended, so I've started doing this for about 30 minutes each day.. I'm on day 11 of this: http://www.oprah.com/own/oprah-winfrey-and-deepak-chopra-launch-a-new-meditation-experience
* Now it's about 10:30 am
* Exercise time! Treadmill for about an hour (if the work list doesn't seem too extensive).. Netflix is great entertainment here.. I am now working my way through Season 2 of "Disenchantment", 2 episodes per workout.
* Phew, are you tired yet?
* It's now about 11:30 am, and I still haven't eaten anything yet.. which is okay, because I've been practicing the Keto diet for a while now, and that means I'm just starting to feel like I should eat :)
* Off to the kitchen for a Keto breakfast.. usually bacon and eggs, and usually I make this for my loving husband and oldest son as well (the other 2 kids won't eat these things, so they fend for themselves...)
* Next, shower and dress properly, because work needs to be done and someone long ago told me it's not healthy to stay in PJs ALL day.. tempting as it is!
* I get into my work email and take care of business... Usually this includes listening to the news, to catch up on latest ways that our government is going to help my customers. This is quite a challenge - keeping up with all this! I do feel optimistic that we'll come through it all though. (For example: https://www.canada.ca/en/department-finance/economic-response-plan/wage-subsidy.html?fbclid=IwAR2NeqX4-pgrLKHoorSj1cgzjaU93WEjlm0vvnoeqmDgI8NPig0icEzFQrA and
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/nova-scotia-extends-state-of-emergency-covid-19-1.5519078)
* Around mid-afternoon, I usually have a break from work.. our oldest is an "essential worker" now and I need to drive him to work. Time to pray again that he stays safe through all this!
* Usually when I'm alone in the car I listen to my "prayer" playlist.. calming :)
* Back home to do a bit more work and get supper
* Back out later to get our son from work
* Now, at last, as we're nearing the end of another day, I get to have family time! Typically this entails playing a game ("Forbidden Island" or "Gotcha" anyone?)
* At last, it's about 10 pm.
* Watch "The National" and go to sleep.
* REPEAT!
I've heard people are bored out there, "stuck in isolation". Honestly, I don't understand ;-) I may even be starting to enjoy this "new normal"... though of course I don't want the reason for it to continue!
Are others enjoying some of their "new normal", too?
If you enjoyed this post and would like to read more written by me in future, you are invited to go to my page in Facebook as well, to follow and "Like" the page so you will get notifications in your Facebook feed when I write posts in future:
https://www.facebook.com/Christine.Marie.MacKenzie/
Good to know that all of you are getting through this together
ReplyDeleteThank you, "Unknown" :-)
Delete